Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Personal Portfolio

CCA orientation
On Friday 14 Jan 2011, When I was walking around the school to interview some people, I saw many Sec 1s in their selected CCA first trial. Some of the netballers at the parade square looked really tired and exhausted. Maybe it is because they are not used to running around the school for a few rounds.

I walk to the field to see the other CCAs going on. I saw Scouts and Soft ballers there. Before I interview the softballers, The Sec 1s in soft ball looked very excited and enthusiastic to play the game that the seniors have prepared. I interviewed two seniors and one junior.

How was the orientation ?
"It was very fun handling the sec 1s and it is also challenging. We are prepared for the worse. If there's anything in our way, we'll get over it." -Keefe and Zulnazri [Sec3]

What do you think about the orientation ?
"It was very interesting. I didn't know that I'm good at it. The seniors were helpful yet fierce. I hope I manage to be the best player in softball if I get in to this CCA."-Armand Izzaq[Sec1N2]

After a long day of CCA, others went back home exhausted yet satisfied with their work that they have done on that day. I hope that the sec1s will be happy of the CCA that they are chosen to and work hard for the CCA to make the school proud.

Rabbit Year!
It's Chinese New Year Celebration in school on the 2nd of February. Many Chinese student were excited as it was the day that they have long waited for. The teachers also have smiles on their faces. For the performance, we have all the selected groups to present their show about Chinese New Year. Some was it was really awesome and very creative. We also have guests from Old Folks Home. I see smiles on their faces when the performance was going on.

The Chinese and Malay Dance performed and made the spectators more hyped up. There was one group that performed on stage. Mixture of class and age singing to Katy Perry's "Firework" that they had edited the lyrics to link it with Chinese New Year. Some of us sang along with them. I remember Joshua playing the guitar beautifully. There was also some quiz for us. We all enthusiastically participate in it. Many people raised their hands up to answer the question as they will get a prize if they answer it correctly.

Not forgetting, one of the guest performed by playing flute on stage. It was a breathtaking performance. He played the instrument fluently and beautifully. I was amazed by the beautiful song just by playing a flute. All in all, everyone had fun that day. Some of us even get a pair of orange before leaving the school.

Valentine's Day
Valentines day. A day which loves are appriciated. It was on Monday, 14 February when teenagers are all so excited for. Valentines day is not only for couples but for all who wants to express their love towards each other. For example, the love from students to teachers.

Most of us get chocolates, gifts or any other things from our loves ones. Like my class, Darryl gave Ferrero Rocher to each and anyone of us in 3E4. He placed it on our tables. Our form teacher also gets the chocolate. Everywhere I go in sch on that day, I hear many people talking about Valentine's Day.

Moreover, It was my last year's classmate's Birthday. Many of us sang her a birthday song for her in the canteen. It sures made her day. In my opinion, Valentines day is a good day for us to express our love to each other and to show that we appriciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment